Seen as its a quarter of the way through the year (what the @*!#) I thought I'd let you know how I'm doing on my 12 Things For 2012. To tell the truth I didn't have a clue what I wanted at the start of the year and I haven't done hardly anything on the list but I have accomplished and done so many things that I never dreamed I would and didn't think I ever could do. I almost feel I should scrap this list and make a completely new one, but then I realized that I'm not confined to a piece of paper. I still want to do all the things on this list, I just have to remember that I can do so much more!
I'm the kind of person who's thoughts are everywhere and unless I right them down, I'm lost. But I don't like to write things down because then I feel like I've set them in stone and I cant stray from those written words. So I end up ambling around not knowing what to do but feeling frustrated that I have so many ideas and things I want to do. Really I just need to get over myself and take a leap of faith in myself and my abilities. Which incidentally is number 2 on my list! Obviously I haven't crossed that one off yet.
So I actually haven't crossed anything new off...which is a bit disheartening but I have made progress on lots of them!
- Write More: This applied to my blog, song writing and story writing. I have written more songs this past 3 months than I have in my whole life and I have Tim to thank for that. He is such a great friend and constantly encourages me to be better and do better. My blogging has definitely amped up too. I've pretty much posted every day (apart from in March) which wasn't necessarily the goal but I didn't want to let it slip during the last leg of Uni which I thought I would.
- Finish My Degree: I am so close!! So so close to crossing this off and it is probably the one I want to draw a big thick line through the most. I hasn't been that bad really I'm just ready to move on and start my next adventure. For someone who is not remotely academic I have stayed in education far longer than I ever thought I would. I'm happy that I stuck it out and actually went to Uni and got a degree instead of dropping out and getting a job. 15 year old me is probably thinking i'm crazy but 21 year old me would tell 15 year old me that it was all worth it in the end! But i'm definitely ready to turn the page and start a new chapter.
- Start My Shop: This one is in Limbo at the moment. I've set up the shop on StoreEnvy but I haven't started making anything yet. So I need to finish my degree so I can have the time to make, make, make but I'm definitely getting there on this one and I can't wait for it to spring into existence! Watch this space.
- Read 100 Books: This is a fluctuating one, Last week I was on track and actually 2 books ahead of my self but this week I'm 4 books behind!! I guess the more time goes by the more books have to be crammed in to the year so I better get reading! I'm on my 22nd book at the moment, so i'm pretty impressed with that!
- Learn To Take Better Photo's: I don't think I'll ever finish this one. Photography is a constant learning curve but I have learned that natural light makes photos look amazing and that dust covers get dusty and make cameras stop focusing properly (stupid dust cover) and more is better. So maybe a few more months and I can safely cross this off.
- Have Fun: I don't plan to cross this off till the very end but I can honestly say I've had the time of my life the last few months so this is already accomplished. Loads more fun to come!
Did you make a 12 Things For 2012 list? How is yours coming along? Crossed much off yet? Link me to your lists I'd love to see what your hoping for this year.